Who We Are
The YMCA of San Francisco builds strong kids, strong families and strong communities by enriching the lives of all people in spirit, mind and body.
For more than 150 years, the YMCA of San Francisco has provided comprehensive programs and services to meet the diverse needs of the Bay Area. Through its 14 branches from Marin County to the Santa Cruz Mountains, YMCA programs span the generations to address compelling wellness and social needs in our communities.
From vital experiences in the natural environment to truancy mitigation programs, the YMCA provides the resources that each neighborhood needs in a local community center. In order to carry out this mission, we rely on philanthropic contributions from organizations and individuals who share our concern for the communities of the Bay Area as we continue to preserve and expand our key programs through broadening our base of philanthropic support.
Who We Are:
- We provide comprehensive truancy programs through our Center for Academic Re-Entry and Empowerment (CARE) and Truancy Assessment and Resource Center (TARC) aimed at helping young people get back on track with their education and to avoid their inevitable date with incarceration or economic failure.
- Through our unique outdoor environment at Camp Jones Gulch, YMCA Point Bonita and the Presidio YMCA, we provide young people with a unique opportunity to experience the great outdoors and learn sustainable environmental practices preparing them to be stewards of the earth.
- As we see obesity rates soar in our country, the YMCA takes a proactive approach to solving this problem. The Pioneering Healthier Communities initiative engages communities to become active and get healthy through
a unique collaboration with local government agencies and private sector health care institutions.
- Through our 50 childcare sites in San Francisco, San Mateo and Marin counties, we provide a safe and nurturing environment for over 5,000 kids each year.
- The YMCA is committed to strengthening families. From offering hands on case management at our Family Resource Centers to Family Hikes in the Marin Headlands and Family Friday Nights at the Stonestown YMCA; we understand the importance of a family
support system and quality time.