Water Aerobics Instructor
Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for all participants in each class.
Skills and Requirements
Have the ability to motivate others in the areas of self-awareness and self-confidence through swimming and aquatics. Individual must be able to interpret YMCA aquatic program philosophies, and relate to public, members and participants in a positive manner. Exercises mature judgment and sound decision-making.
1. Minimum 18 years of age.
2. Current YMCA approved first aid certification.
3. Current YMCA approved CPR certification.
4. YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent.*
5. Personal aquatic background preferred.
6. Ability to teach classes from beginner to advanced levels.
7. At least two years experience as a swim instructor.
8. Demonstrated ability to lead adults in the development of safety skills.
9. Ability to observe and instruct participants in proper stroke techniques.
10. Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
*Within 90 days of employment or at first available training.
1. Instructs aquatics classes as assigned and prepares lesson plans accordingly.
2. Communicates appropriately with parents of students, and students on progress. Provides information to the public and participants on YMCA programs and schedules.
3. Maintains all records as required, such as attendance records, progress reports, etc.
4. Participates in staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
5. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident reports as necessary.
6. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
7. Trains swim aides as assigned.
8. Demonstrate the "Character Counts" values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility in all your dealings with members, guests, volunteers and fellow staff.
9. Participate in training and abides by the "New Perspectives" guidelines for the YMCA of San Francisco.
10. All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com