Group Exercise Instructor
The Group Exercise Instructor, under the leadership of the Group Exercise Coordinator, is responsible for providing high quality, safe and effective Group Exercise classes to Chinatown members and guests. The responsibilities include lesson planning, effective delivery of classes, providing modifications for all fitness levels, answering member questions and concerns and building professional relationships with members. Group Exercise Instructors will be advocates of the Strong Communities Campaign.
Skills and Requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 2 years of YMCA and/or Group Exercise experience.
• Must be skilled in Group Exercise instruction, have strong communication skills, able to recognize participants needing extra instruction, work well as a team player and keep all certifications current.
• Foundations of Group Exercise within 6 months of hire or equivalent course.
• Additional certification needed to fulfill trainer requirements: Foundations of Group Exercise and prerequisite courses or equivalent national certifications such as YMCA of the USA, ACE, or ACSM.
• Current CPR/ AED and First Aid certifications.
Email Louise Chang: email@example.com